What is Reiki?
A study done in 2007 by the National Health Interview Survey indicates that 1.2 million adults and 161,000 children received one or more sessions of energy healing therapy such as Reiki in the previous year. According to the American Hospital Association, in 2007, 15% or over 800 American hospitals offered Reiki as part of hospital services.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese hands-on healing modality that is natural non-invasive and promotes healing. It is primarily used for stress reduction and relaxation, but is all effective in relieving pain, depression, and panic disorders. Reiki is also assists in promoting the healing of fractures as well as alleviating many other physical and emotional challenges.
This form of healing is based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. The practitioner administers the treatments by laying the hands. If one is frequently sick or under a lot of stress, the chances are one’s life force energy is low. Now if the life force is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki is a very simple and natural method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that anyone can use to improve their quality of life. This safe alternative is effective in helping many known physical and psychological illnesses and always creates a beneficial and positive effect. Reiki does work in conjunction with all other alternative or traditional medical treatments.
Reiki is not taught, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class through a process called and an attunement. During an attunement a Reiki master allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of life force energy to improve one’s health and enhance the quality of life. This healing method has been taught to thousands of people from all over the world.
Reiki comes from the Japanese words Rei meaning Higher Power or Wisdom or Soul (depending on interpretation) and Ki meaning Energy.
What does a treatment feel like?
A reiki treatment gives you sense of warm energy surrounding your body as well as flowing through you. When undergoing a treatment, you are treated as a whole meaning your mind, body, and spirit. A sense of well-being and peace is felt with many miraculous results.
Is this Religious?
No, even though it is spiritual in nature. There is no structured faith base or dogma crossing all cultures. It works not matter what faith you have as it’s natural healing uses universal spiritual laws to promote wellness and peace. However, this can enhance your own faith and religion.Check out our Calendar or Events page for more information. Contact us in Hingham, Massachusetts, to learn more about Reiki treatment for stress reduction, spiritual healing, and relaxation.
Small selection of what others have said about Laura’s Reiki treatments and or classes:
- “I have attended, one of Laura’s Reiki meditation and attunment evenings and came away feeling like a new person…”
- “The Reiki one course was a unique and powerful experience and yet another opportunity to open the portals into the spiritual world. Laura walked us through the important aspects of the origin of Reiki, led each of us through the attunement process and gave us ample opportunity to practice what we had learned. She is a knowledgeable and a patience teacher….”
- “…She is an awesome teacher and a beautiful soul!!!”
- “It was an awesome learning experience…”
- “I left my skeptism at the door because I’m curious if all I’ve known and all that I’ve had is really all that I’ll ever be…After just a couple visits I know I’m more…I’ve learned to cut the string of baggage past…”
- “Without the help I have received here I do not know where I would be today or who I would be.”
With lots of love and appreciation,
To schedule a private session, please private message me