The Event That Changed Laura’s Life
Even though she was a born empath with heightened sensitivities, Laura’s desire to help others stems from her daughter born with a variety of health challenges including a food sensitivity to almost everything.
It all started with a premonition dream she had when she was 3 months pregnant. She dreampt about key family members who had passed that she has never met before but were holding her daughter showing her the serious health issues of her daughter. She immediately knew this was not a normal dream, but a visit from the other side warning her about a serious problem with the baby.
Fortunately, it was with Laura’s training and mother’s instinct that pushed her forward and with help of family in the medical field, she discovered her daughter had a serious potential life threatening internal birth defect that required urgent surgery at the age of 3 months.
The experience changed her family’s lives forever and led Laura to become interested in food sensitivities and what she calls “an under-diagnosed and unrecognized field heading towards epidemic levels due to all the chemically and genetically modified foods, over-processing, over-vaccinating, and the overuse of anti-bacterial soaps.” (New England Business Bulletin; Pamela Berard; Nov 2010)
This event catapulted even further in her desire to help others after she left an abusive marriage. Experiencing many of these difficult life lessons resulting and complex PTSD and Trauma, Laura had a feeling there was something wrong with her until she rediscovered her gifts and learned to embrace her sensitivities.
This is when she learned to trust in Spirit once again.
Laura has been recognized as one of the top professionals under the age of 40 by New England Business Bulletin, and she was one of the featured recipients in the article “Sixteen honorees were selected for innovation, leadership, and community service;” by Pamela Berard for the New England Business Bulletin.
Various recognitions for the Annual Walk for Hospice
Laura currently serves as a board member for Massachusetts Survivors Outreach.
She is also a frequent guest speaker discussing her experiences using reiki and other spiritually based healing practices as a viable treatment option to heal trauma associated with abuse.
- Board Member, Massachusetts Survivors Outreach
- Past Speaker, Celebration of Reiki Conference on Laura’s personal and professional experiences on healing trauma
- Past Reiki Reaches Panel Member, Celebration of Reiki Conference, on Laura’s personal and professional experiences using Reiki for domestic abuse, child abuse, and sex abuse.
- Past Volunteer, Fundraiser, and Committee Member, Old Colony Hospice
- Private Celebrity Fundraiser for Beth Israel Hospital in Wellesley
- Lion’s Club of NH
- Marblehead Animal Shelter
- Local fundraisers for Fire victims
- Local fundraisers for medical charities
Laura is an accredited Shihan in Jikiden Reiki® authorized to offer private sessions and classes/training through the Jikiden Reiki® Institute, Kyoto, Japan
Certificates in the following:
- Medical Assisting
- EKG Tech
- Yuen Energetics and Full Spectrum Wellness
- Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher
- Shihan in Jikiden Reiki® (teacher), Accredited through the Jikiden Reiki® Institute, Kyoto, Japan.
- Various holistic health and nutritional certifications
- First Aid/CPR
- Domestic violence, sex abuse, child abuse
- Trauma informed care
- Various spiritual enrichment programs
- Spiritual mediumship
BFA in Illustration and Design (Medical Focused)